The quick download
Here’s what you should know about buying images from us
- You can use our images for any creative or commercial liroject. Put it on a t-shirt. Put it on a giant billboard. Tattoo one on your forehead. We don’t care.
- You don’t need to provide any attribution to StoryCraft Stock or the photographer (but one would be nice, thank you).
- You don’t own the image rights. You’re only buying a license to use the image.
- You just can’t claim these images as your own. And you can’t resell them.
The gift of giving credit
Even though you are not required to provide attribution, crediting the photographer and StoryCraft Stock helps us to spread the word and grow our creative community. It’s as simple as linking to the photographer’s profile and StoryCraft Stock. Thanks, we appreciate it!
Our Plain English License
If you need a little more detail about our license, read this:
The StoryCraft Stock End User License Agreement (“License Agreement”) is a binding legal document between you and us. You should read it and make sure you understand it. To assist, we have created this plain English summary of the agreement, without all of the “legal speak.” This summary is not a binding agreement, though, so if anything we say here contradicts what is in the License Agreement, or we leave anything out, the License Agreement controls. That means that, while we hope this summary helps, you need to make sure you read and understand the License Agreement.
1. Once you pay us for the photo, you do not own the photo. Others can also pay us to use the same photo. What you do get is a license to use the photo, and can use the photo for all sorts of purposes as long as you follow the rules of the license. If you don’t follow the rules, just like with a driver’s license, fishing license, or any other type of license, we can take your license away and you won’t get your money back.
2. So, how can you use the photo? In all kinds of ways! For example, you can put it on a website, use it in advertising, make coffee mugs with it, or use it in a book you are writing.
3. So, what can’t you do with the photo? You can’t claim that you took it. You can’t give or sell it to anyone else, or give anyone any rights to use the photo. If you use the photo on something you give away or sell (like coffee mugs), the photo’s license must go along with that product, which means that the person you sell the coffee mug to needs to understand that they can’t take the photo from the coffee mug and sell or give it to anyone.
4. There are also what we hope are common sense things that you cannot do with the photo. You can’t use the photo in connection with anything obscene or illegal, or in connection with anything that might ruin or harm our reputation or the reputation of the subject in the photo. You can’t use the photo in any way that might violate someone else’s rights. You also can’t imply that you are in any way connected to or endorsed by any subject in the photo.
5. If you do any of the things the license does not allow you to do with the photo and someone sues us because of it, you agree to cover the costs and damages we incur as a result of your misuse.
6. You are agreeing to buy the photo license “as-is,” and we make no promises that the photo will be suitable for the use you intend it for, or that someone won’t sue you over your use of the photo. While we do obtain model and property releases from the models and locations in the photos, we don’t guarantee that nobody will ever sue you over your use of the photo. No matter what, unless applicable laws say otherwise, the max amount of money you can get from us in any such event is the amount you paid for the photo.
7. We can terminate your account for any reason or for no reason, and without any notice. If we terminate your account because you broke the rules, you won’t be entitled to any refunds.
8. We can change the license rules at any time, but if we do, those changes won’t affect photos you have already bought from us unless you agree to the changes. We will assume you agree to the changes unless you tell us that you don’t agree within 30 days of us notifying you of the changes.
9. If we have any disputes, we both agree to go to arbitration. That means we won’t go to court or have a trial in front of a jury. Instead, we will present our case in front of a neutral third party arbitrator in Los Angeles, and he or she will use California law to decide our dispute. The arbitrator is usually a retired judge or someone with a lot of experience in deciding disputes. His or her decision will be binding on both of us. We also agree not to bring or join in any class-action proceedings against each other.
10. As we mentioned at the beginning, this is not the license and not a binding agreement between you and us. The License Agreement is the only binding agreement between us, so make sure you read it and understand it!
The Official StoryCraft Stock Image License
For those of you who love legalese (and really, who doesn't?) read this:
This is a legal agreement between you or the entity on whose behalf you are entering into this agreement ("you" or "Customer") and: StoryCraft, LLC (“StoryCraft”). This Agreement sets forth the rights and obligations with respect to any and all photographs (“Photographs”) licensed by you through Storycraftstock.com (“Website”). You must be at least eighteen (18) years old to purchase Photograph licenses through the Website, and by purchasing Photograph licenses through the Website, you represent and warrant that you are at least eighteen (18) years old. If you are entering into this Agreement on behalf of an entity, you warrant and represent that you have the full right and authority to do so. In the event that you do not have such authority, you agree that you will be personally liable to StoryCraft for any breaches of this Agreement.
1. License Grant. Subject to compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, StoryCraft grants you a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual license to: (i) use the Photographs on a website, in online advertising, in social media, in mobile advertising, mobile apps, software, e-cards, e-publications, in print, or on any other medium; (ii) reproduce the Photographs; (iii) incorporate the Photographs into one or more collections and reproduce and display the Photographs in that context; and (iv) create a derivative work from or based on the Photographs.
2. Restrictions on Use of the Photographs. You may not: (i) use the Photographs other than as expressly provided by the license; (ii) resell, redistribute, provide access to, share or transfer the Photographs except as set forth herein; (iii) use the Photographs in a pornographic, defamatory, or deceptive context, or in a manner that could be considered libelous, obscene, or illegal; (iv) use Photographs in a manner that infringes upon any third party's trademark or other intellectual property, or would give rise to a claim of deceptive advertising or unfair competition; (v) falsely represent, expressly or by way of reasonable implication, that any Photograph was created by you or a person other than the copyright holder(s) of that Photograph; (vi) implicitly or explicitly assert or imply any connection with, sponsorship from, or endorsement by any model, object, or entity appearing in a Photograph, the original author of the Photograph, or StoryCraft.
3. Indemnification and Limitation on Liability. You will indemnify and hold StoryCraft, its officers, employees, shareholders, directors, managers, members and suppliers, harmless against any damages or liability of any kind arising from any use of the Photographs. You further agree to indemnify StoryCraft for all costs and expenses that StoryCraft incurs in the event that you breach any of the terms of this Agreement. Except to the extent required by applicable law, in no event will StoryCraft be liable to you on any legal theory for any special, incidental, consequential, punitive, or exemplary damages arising out of this Agreement or the use of the Photographs, even if StoryCraft has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event will StoryCraft’s liability to you for any reason or under any legal proceeding or process exceed the amount you paid for the Photograph(s) license(s) that is/are the subject of such proceeding or process.
4. Disclaimers. STORYCRAFT OFFERS THE PHOTOGRAPHS “AS IS” AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND CONCERNING THE PHOTOGRAPHS OR ANY ELEMENT THEREOF, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRINGEMENT, OR THE ABSENCE OF LATENT OR OTHER DEFECTS, ACCURACY, OR THE PRESENCE OR ABSENCE OF ERRORS, WHETHER OR NOT DISCOVERABLE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SUCH EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
5. Termination and Survival. StoryCraft may terminate this Agreement or suspend your account for any reason or no reason, without prior notice. In the event that you breach any of the terms of this Agreement, StoryCraft shall have the right to terminate your account without further notice, in addition to StoryCraft’s other rights at law and/or equity. StoryCraft shall be under no obligation to refund any fees paid by you in the event that your account is terminated by reason of a breach. Sections 1, 2, 3, 4, and 7 will survive the termination of this Agreement.
6. License Modification. StoryCraft may withdraw or modify the License contained in this Agreement at any time, but any such withdrawal or modification will not affect application of the license to your use of the Photograph, unless and until you have agreed to a modified version of the license. By continuing to access the Website after receiving notice of the new license, you agree to the new license, and agree that it supersedes all prior licenses between you and StoryCraft as to the Photograph (and as to any photograph previously Distributed by StoryCraft under any other license) in their entirety; if you do not so agree, you must notify StoryCraft that you reject this modified license within 30 days of your receipt of notification of a new license and cease use of the Website.
7. Additional Terms
7.1 Dispute Resolution. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement, or the breach thereof, shall be settled by binding arbitration administered under the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the Ameri
7.2 Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, and, to the extent applicable, by the Federal Arbitration Act.
7.3 Severability. If any individual term of this Agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable by any legal or regulatory body of competent jurisdiction, such finding will be limited solely to such invalid or unenforceable part, without affecting the remaining parts of such individual term, or any other part of the Agreement, so that the Agreement shall otherwise remain in full force and effect.
7.4 Non-Waivable License Schemes. In those jurisdictions in which the right to collect royalties through any statutory or compulsory licensing scheme cannot be waived, StoryCraft reserves the exclusive right to collect such royalties for any exercise by you of the rights granted under this Agreement.
7.5 License on Subsequent Uses. If you distribute the Photograph, you must include a copy of, or reference to, the license contained within this Agreement. You may not impose any additional terms or technological measures on the Photograph that restricts this License. You must keep intact all notices that refer to this License and to the disclaimer of warranties and indemnification provision herein.
7.6 Entire Agreement. This is the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter contained herein, and supersedes all prior agreements and understandings, whether oral or written.
7.7 Amendment. This Agreement may not be modified without the mutual written consent of both parties.
7.8 Conflicts. In the event of any conflict between this Agreement and the “plain English summary” provided on the Website, the terms of this Agreement control.